How can I protect my credit report?

You can obtain your credit report once a year for free from 

To order, visit, call 1-877-322-8228, or complete the Annual Credit Report Request Form and mail it to: Annual Credit Report Request Service, P.O. Box 105281, Atlanta, GA 30348-5281.

You should obtain your report from the three major reporting bureaus: TransUnion, Equifax, and Experian.  If you do not owe the debt and it is appearing on your reports, you should send a dispute to all the credit reporting bureaus. Provide them with any documentation that supports your position.  If the credit bureaus do not remove the debt contact an attorney. Low wage workers may contact us free of charge.

Click here to go back to the debt collection main page.